Track recording interval

Maplorer for WinCE GPS and other moving map software

Track recording interval

Postby maplorer » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:58 pm

Hey,
Maplorer is just great and I am really glad I found this utility - good job, Werner!
My question regards the time interval of the track recording. It appears to me to be hardwired as 30 seconds.
Is there a possibility to set this interval in the application or through an .ini file? That'd be great!

30 seconds is good for uses such as walking, however, if you drive a car, you can get very far in 30 seconds and bend left-right twice before the tracker records it!
maplorer
Site Admin

[How to] Set track recording interval

Postby maplorer » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:59 pm

You can easily change it down to 1 second, but I admit its not obvious to find: Under File/GPS Raw Data, there is a 'Record' check box. If it is checked, (by checking it or by choosing 'Track/Start recording' you get a spinbox where you can set the interval.

The idea was that you only set the interval once you started to record, but I realize it is not the most obvious solution. I'll work on it. I'll store it somewhere, too.

Maplorer is still young - I really appreciate all comments.

Thanks,

Werner

Tomas wrote:
Hey,
Maplorer is just great and I am really glad I found this utility - good job, Werner!
My question regards the time interval of the track recording. It appears to me to be hardwired as 30 seconds.
Is there a possibility to set this interval in the application or through an .ini file? That'd be great!

30 seconds is good for uses such as walking, however, if you drive a car, you can get very far in 30 seconds and bend left-right twice before the tracker records it!
maplorer
Site Admin

Return to Moving map software for GPS systems and cell phones